The NZZ Media Group is one of the largest private media companies in Switzerland. It focuses on high-quality, independent journalism and represents liberal perspectives. Its products offer its readers daily information and inspiration.
The digital product team includes a passionate group of UX designers, UI designers and product managers, all of whom are on a mission to define the future of news in the German-speaking world. In order to bring the understanding of our users' needs to the next level, we are looking for a:
- You will be owning the User Experience Research efforts within the Digital Product team at NZZ, taking it to the scaling and professionalizing all activities, through expertise and passion for the field
- You will contribute to the NZZ end users experience by working very closely to Product Managers, UX Designers and UI Designers, while collaborating with Customer Experience, Market Research and every internal counterpart, including the Editorial team
- You will be responsible for facilitating the definition of the best research method to apply, and for coordinating and conducting all research related activities
- You will advocate for the importance of user Centricity at company level, while mentoring and coaching other team members
- Education in Psychology, Anthropology, HCI/Computer Science, Cognitive Ergonomics or relevant disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a UX Researcher in product teams, ideally in an agile environment
- You are fluent in integrating research into product design and design practices
- You have a strong understanding of all different research methods and when to apply them during the product development process
- You have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to convey research results and insights to different stakeholders
- Very good knowledge of English (level C1) and German mother tongue (or level C2), both written and spoken
- Challenging, interesting job in a varied field of responsibility with extraordinary personal responsibility and the opportunity to make an active contribution to the digital transformation of one of the most well-known media brands in the German-speaking world.
- An understanding of leadership that focuses on working together to create solutions based on transparent and understandable communication.
- Excellent work environment: central office location "at the Bellevue" in the heart of Zurich - with a view of the opera house and the lake of Zurich - with a wide range of shops and restaurants within walking distance.