Die Hochschule Luzern ist die Fachhochschule der sechs Zentralschweizer Kantone. Sie ist eine der sieben öffentlich-rechtlichen Fachhochschulen der Schweiz und vereinigt folgende fünf Departemente:
Technik & Architektur
Design & Kunst
5' 164 Studierende in der Ausbildung,
4' 475 Personen in der Weiterbildung,
377 Projekte in Forschung und Entwicklung sowie die Wahrnehmung als zuverlässiger Partner im Bereich der Dienstleistungen sind der Leistungsnachweis dieser grössten Bildungsinstitution in der Zentralschweiz.
Senior Research Scientist in Internet of Things Systems & Software (100%)
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated individual who is passionate about leading-edge research and development. The candidate will apply an understanding of software engineering techniques, including software prototyping, systems integration, wireless communications, and computer programming, to provide technical engineering prototyping and software architecture support for future research development and concept vehicles. In this position, your software development, architecture and research skills must always be cutting edge and ready to investigate technical challenges that the team might encounter. Successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing and prototyping of platforms and system features and will collaborate closely with researchers, engineers, and architects from across HSLU and industry partners to design and implement emerging novel proof of concepts. You will also participate in the development of intellectual property, research projects proposals, create research publications, and work with industry partners to support the transfer technologies to products.
Applicants should possess a PhD or Master of Science degree in the field of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical majors with four or more years of directly related experience, strong software development and communication skills.
We are looking for candidates who ideally:
- Have strong coding skills in multiple systems languages such as Java, C, C++, etc.
- Have experience in systems and software, IoT platforms, embedded software, networking, mobile, IoT cloud computing, distributed systems, web technologies
- Have hands-on experience in software architecture and design, object-oriented programming, design patterns and their implementation
- Have internals experience for Linux, Windows, and embedded operating systems (i.e., kernel, device drivers, tools expertise) is desired
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills required in the development of technical documents and presentations
- Have a strong desire to apply research ideas to building real systems
- Strong interpersonal communications, and ability to task manage
- Have excellent communication skills, attention to detail
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team and have passion for quality
We offer you an exciting and challenging position. The innovative and lively working environment offers space for individual design and development. We engage with leaders in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with HSLU departments to deliver novel technologies. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and opportunities and demonstrating cutting-edge technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Lucerne University of Applied Sciences (HSLU) has attractive employment conditions and offers opportunities for personal development. The work place is located in Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
Application materials should include cover letter with starting date availability, curriculum vitae, and contact information of at least three individuals who may serve as references. Further information can be obtained from Dr. Angela Nicoara, IoT Systems & Software Research, firstname.lastname@example.org.