The Senior Environmental Manager reports into the Head of Global Environment, Energy and Sustainability. The primary focus of this role is to drive Credit Suisse’s ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management for the regions Americas/Asia Pacific (AM/APAC).
As Senior Environmental Manager AM/APAC, you will:
Your future colleagues
- Work with and challenge our outsourcing partners to deliver the environmental and energy efficiency programs in line with Credit Suisse’s Net Zero and Science Based Target commitments
- Govern the implementation of in-house energy and environmental improvement projects including cost management
- Maintain and oversee the ISO 14001 accreditation at an operational level
- Plan and manage the internal and external environmental audits in collaboration with stakeholders and certification body
- Manage the Global Environmental Manual and related documents
- Ensure the delivery of the environmental performance data for in-house operations in auditable quality and support the implementation of a new carbon data management and reporting system
- Ensure environmental legal compliance in collaboration with the Facilities Services Partners
- Ensure delivery of environmental and energy efficiency reporting as required by authorities
- Deliver operational environmental content and data for the Sustainability Report, external rating agencies (e.g. DJSI, CDP) and internal reportings.
- Provide environmental and energy subject matter expertise for real estate projects and facilities services
- Support the oversight of the utilities contract management incl. procurement related activities
- Support the realization of our carbon neutrality, including the purchase of renewable energy certificates and carbon offsets to meet RE100 and Net Zero requirements
- Act as deputy for the Senior Environmental Manager for Switzerland /EMEA
Group Business Support Services (GBSS) is within the Chief Financial Officer Function of Credit Suisse Group. GBSS has a wide range of responsibilities that include formulating and implementing the bank's corporate real estate strategy, developing and managing the bank's electrical and mechanical infrastructure and delivering a wide range of business support services that help the bank to achieve its business goals, with a focus on efficiency, flexibility, innovation and sustainability. You will be part of the Engineering, Environment, and Health & Safety (EEHS) team, part of the CFO function at Credit Suisse. The team manages a variety of technical responsibilities for the bank, including engineering strategy and design, operations, and environmental initiatives including energy procurement. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.