Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45, 000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The CRO Regulatory Risk Management team provides a regulatory consultancy service to the bank on all issues that impact compliance of the bank’s risk models and risk management framework. The team’s activities include providing expert rules interpretation advice to all levels of management in CRO, managing regulatory visits and information requests involving risk management issues, analysing new regulatory rules, and managing the annual rules self-assessment process. The team’s coverage is global and covers market, credit and operational Risk. The team currently consists of about 25 people located into London, Zurich, New York & Singapore.We Offer
- The opportunity to participate in, and manage, the FINMA regulatory dialogues on Pillar 1 Credit Risk topics. This includes setting agendas, briefing key partners before the meetings on key themes and questions, putting together presentations for meetings, answering post-visit regulatory letters and tracking remediation items.
- Coordination of all ad-hoc information request and supervisory review from the FINMA related to Pillar 1 Credit Risk, including review of final responses for accuracy and messaging prior to regulatory submission
- Tracking and reporting of regulatory commitments and informing senior management of commitments that are at risk of being missed. Preparing and participating in regular briefing on regulatory credit risk interactions and commitments with CRO management
- Providing technical guidance and interpretation of regulations as they relate to the measurement and management of credit risk
- Analysing new regulations related to Credit Risk (e.g. BCBS and FINMA) and alerting key stakeholders to proposed regulatory changes and working with them to identify risks and opportunities. Supporting the lobbying efforts of senior management with respect to the implementation of new Credit Risk regulations
- Reviewing and challenging the annual self-assessments against credit risk, and particularly IRB models. This includes participating in Quality Assurance panels to ensure all compliance gaps are accurately identified and appropriate remediation plans are put in place
- The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with Senior Risk management across the Risk team, and partner with Credit Risk Management to ensure successful regulatory interactions