Die LGT Group bietet attraktive Möglichkeiten für eine internationale Karriere im Private Banking und Asset Management in Liechtenstein, der Schweiz sowie weiteren Standorten weltweit. Das Fürstenhaus von Liechtenstein kontrolliert und führt die LGT seit nunmehr neunzig Jahren persönlich. Daraus ergeben sich für unsere Kunden ebenso wie für unsere 1'800 Mitarbeitenden wichtige Vorteile wie Langfristigkeit, Stabilität, Unabhängigkeit und rasche Entscheidungswege.
Natural Catastrophe Risk Modelling Specialist – ILS Partners
LGT ILS Partners (LGT ILS) is the insurance-linked investments boutique of LGT Capital Partners and a leading ILS Manager with around USD 5bn assets under management and a client base consisting primarily of institutional investors. The Natural Catastrophe Risk Modelling Specialist is part of the analytics team at LGT ILS and reports to the partners at LGT ILS. In this role, the candidate supports the business in the following key tasks:
- Analysis / modelling of individual investment opportunities (reinsurance submissions) and compilation of summary reports for the investment committee using third-party (vendor) catastrophe risk models (i.e., AIR and RMS);
- Query SQL databases and write scripts to extract data from the databases of the vendor tools (AIR, RMS) in order to transfer data between cat modelling tools and portfolio management systems;
- Correspond with counterparties during the analysis phase (brokers, insurers / reinsurers, etc.);
- Support the analysis of LGT ILS’ portfolios for monthly reporting and aggregation / accumulation tracking;
- Support the research in potential new peril regions as well as hazard assessments and model validation / adoption for such markets;
- Review, assess and document updates of the third party (vendor) catastrophe risk models;
- Collaborate with ILS Team and support various operational tasks, e.g., updating accumulation control reports, entering trades into LGT ILS’ proprietary portfolio management tool, etc.
- Bachelor or Master degree (FH or University / ETH) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Natural Science;
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar role at a reinsurer or insurer;
- In-depth experience in using at least one vendor catastrophe risk model and software (AIR, RMS, EQE) on a regular basis;
- Basic experience in SQL (MS SQL Server) and knowledge about RMS EDM, RDM and AIR database schemas;
- Experience in one popular programming language and know-how in statistics (e.g., distributions, curve fitting, simulation) are considered a plus;
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written);
- Integrity, motivation, analytical thinking team player with distinct organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a successful alternative investment management team in an international, multicultural working environment, we will be pleased to get to know you soon.
Please upload your complete application documents online.
LGT ILS Partners AG
Senior HR Manager
LGT Capital Partners Ltd.
+41 55 415 96 17