Laboratory Technician - Paints and Coatings
- Responsible for the preparation of coating samples and testing of paint properties; record data in computer clearly and concisely.
- Conduct standard tests including, but not limited to, viscosity, gloss, solids, color, density, pH, wet scrub resistance tests, and product applications.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies and raw materials.
- Assists other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment while functioning independently.
- Participates in 5S, BBS and other corporate initiatives.
- Generates ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- Performs other duties and assist other departments as needed.
- High school graduate or Post-high school education (college or technical school).
- 0-5 years of lab bench experience preparation and applications testing of paints and coatings
- Must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and able to operate with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform hands-on laboratory work.
- Fluent in German and good command of spoken and written English
Omya (Schweiz) AG