Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45, 000 people in 50 countries.
In International Wealth Management, we cater to the needs of our private, corporate and institutional clients. Our Private Banking business provides comprehensive advisory services and tailored investment and financing solutions to wealthy private clients and external asset managers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. We serve our clients through over 1, 150 relationship managers in 43 cities in 25 countries, utilizing comprehensive access to the broad spectrum of Credit Suisse's global resources and capabilities as well as a wide range of proprietary and third-party products and services.
- An exciting and meaningful role as Head Business Center of Competence (CoC) for AML and Fraud Risk for the IWM Division, based in Zurich and directly reporting to the Head of IWM First Line of Defense Support & CoC
- As seasoned subject matter expert and manager, you will be responsible for establishing a new Business CoC, to drive implement and manage respective risk frameworks (incl. controls) and processes as well as to lead and support strategic initiatives across IWM and beyond. Working in close collaboration with Second Line of Defense (Risk, Compliance) in order to ensure early and effective detection and mitigation of risks and drive operational excellence.
- You will
- act as an IWM ambassador and gatekeeper towards the Second line of Defense (2LOD), other divisions as well as other stakeholders (such as regulators and audit)
- Establish standards, front office guidelines as well as training concepts in collaboration with 2LOD to mitigate issues across IWM and to further increase effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
- Ensure early identification and swift remediation of systematic issues using enhanced data pools and tools in order to provide holistic read-across capability
- perform analysis and read-across on issues discovered through metrics, self-identified issues, incidents, regulatory and audit findings
- represent IWM in overarching initiatives (e.g. group policy revisions), lead IWM specific projects (incl. design of processes, systems, controls) and actively support group wide projects
- Your mandate will also comprise the management of holistic AML client reviews performed in your team and the coordination of IWM’s AML client review related activities at large.
- Opportunity to grow your career and network, by closely cooperating with senior partners in the business and corporate functions
- Be part of an international, forward-thinking management and a strong team with a positive spirit for continuous development