The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance (“FC CTA”) function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions). The FC CTA Lead will report into the Global Head of FC CTA and will act as their global deputy, and will also be accountable for the management and oversight of the FC CTA plan and activities impacting Switzerland and the IWM business division.
This is an exciting and meaningful leadership role based in Zurich to further improve and expand a critical and prominent function under growing regulatory scrutiny, and includes extensive interaction with and visibility amongst senior business partners across Risk, Compliance, and the Business!
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Support the Global FC CTA Head in further developing, improving, and expanding the CTA program globally. This included the incorporation of data-driven techniques and analyses, and the development of holistic and thematic coverage of risks & controls spanning divisions, regions, and lines of defense.
- Serve as the key accountable representative and subject matter expert for financial crime controls testing, monitoring, and assurance (incl. relevant tools and technologies) on behalf of the Switzerland location across both IWM and SUB, as well as for international offices across the IWM division.
- Develop an annual schedule of CTA reviews in close collaboration with Global CTA Head, FCC, Divisional and Business Compliance, and business areas, and with consideration of current Bank, regional, and/or divisional processes, programs, and risks.
- Ensure that the team is deeply familiarized and educated on the Bank’s key financial crime risks and controls, the business areas, products and services, to enable the team to more effectively and appropriately test and identify any emerging risks.
- Collaborate closely with control owners/performers, Chief Compliance Officers, business heads, and key partners as required to discuss and communicate CTA results and findings, collaborate on appropriate issue resolution/remediation, and identify trends and opportunities for program or control improvement.
- Support the periodic maintenance of global CTA standards based on divisional/regional/global changes to controls and identified risks and priorities.
- Accountable for internal and external audit commitments relating to Switzerland and IWM International CTA program.
- Are you interested lead a highly engaged team that is acting in a fast-paced and highly international environment? Then, we would be looking forward to receiving your application!