The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer (CRCO) function was created in 2020 through the combination of previously separate Risk and Compliance functions, to further enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our control environment amid stricter regulatory frameworks. The responsibilities of CRCO include Risk, ranging from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities, and Compliance, focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. The success of CRCO depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate, which in turn depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
This position is within the newly created Compliance Re-Assurance (CR-A) function, which has been mandated to independently assess and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the bank’s essential compliance programs beginning with Financial Crime.
- CR-A offers an exciting and challenging role in this newly created and high profile function.
- Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Close collaboration with partners across all three Lines of Defense (re: all Business Lines, Chief Compliance Officers (especially FCC), Reputational Risk Management and Internal Audit), plus Data & Technology.
- Evaluation of FCC compliance programs and reporting on their standing with policies, approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Implementation of the CR-A Target Operating Model, governance documents (e.g. Charter, Policies & Procedures) and the reporting framework to communicate findings and recommendations to senior business and functional leaders.
- Report to Americas Head of CR-A.
- Assist management with the recruitment and training of experienced personnel (from inside and outside of Credit Suisse) while this new team is being formed.