The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance (“FC CTA”) function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions).
An exciting career opportunity lies within Global Data Analytics and Assurance Team of the FC CTA function, as the team is looking to expand its data analytical capabilities to introduce both proven and emerging technologies to the global AML testing and further enhance the depth and coverage of the AML testing.
The Financial Crime Data Scientist will report into the Global Data Analytics and Assurance Team Lead. As a collaborative team member, you will lead and perform data analysis to assess the data integrity in key AML/CTF systems, carry out the design and effectiveness testing of key financial crime controls and implement the testing automation for the global peers within the FC CTA function.
This role is varied and will provide a platform to manage global and cross-functional stakeholders, and exposure to the latest AML/CTF technologies that Credit Suisse has recently implemented. The role will also provide on-going learning opportunities, as the team aims to stay in tune with emerging technologies and constantly look for the ways to more effectively and efficiently perform the testing.
A successful candidate will have strong data analytical skills, excellent communication, and proactive mindset/working approach to meet the demand of being part of a global function, under increasing regulatory scrutiny. The role would be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Gather the testing requirements from the peers in the FC CTA team and propose a feasible and effective data analytics solutions;
- Reach out to relevant IT platform owners to obtain the data required for data analytics;
- Prepare, cleanse and upload the data into a chosen data analytics tool to perform the analysis;
- Proactively identify areas of financial crime risk, areas of improvement, and root causes of issues identified;
- Liaise with control owners/performers to discuss identified issues, root cause, severity level, course of action, due dates, and assigned issue and action owner(s);
- Ensure that effective and timely corrective action plans are in place to address financial crime risks and issues identified;
- Prepare reports with detailed summaries and visual aids to present to Senior Management and control owners;
- Ensure any deficiencies identified in reviews are documented in the appropriate systems;
- Assess results of reviews to identify trends and opportunities for program or control enhancement;
- Update and maintain algorithms and codes used in data analytics in teams’ repository;
- Support the maintenance of global CTA standards based on regional changes to controls and identified risks and priorities; and
- Other general FCC responsibilities, as needed.