Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking
capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with
operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45, 000 people from over
150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers
holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and
specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we
recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide
wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse
range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and
communities. We are Credit Suisse.
- A chance to work on a high profile programme of critical importance to CS strategy and financial planning.
- Work in a fast paced, dynamic and diverse team with a delivery focus and a can-do attitude
- The chance to create a broad, global, cross-functional and divisional network
- Be part of a cross functional team, working closely with business partners in Front Office, Risk and Finance.
Basel IV is
a high profile programme that significantly impact’s the bank’s RWA and Capital
ratios. Sitting within Reg Risk Change, the team plays a pivotal role in
implementing changes prescribed under BCBS 424.
Business Analyst, you will play a key role in eliciting requirements and
defining innovative solutions to problems. Spanning data analysis, process
definition, controls and technology.
The role is part of a fast paced, dynamic team and offers exposure to
stakeholders across all banking divisions, Risk (CRM, QAT, RDM), & Finance
(CFO, BMR). It is a good opportunity to become a SME of credit risk
methodologies, regulations, as well as business processes and systems.
As part of an enthusiastic and growing team in Zurich, you will interact
with cross-functional business and IT teams in London, New York, Ticino,
Singapore, and Pune.
- As a Business Analyst, you will work with business and delivery partners to analyse problems and develop options to resolve. This is a wide-ranging role that spans IT, process and data, it includes:
- Working closely with SMEs to understand collateral, products, data flow and controls
- Work with IT and Quant teams to refine requirements and resolve ambiguity
- Work with QAT to perform User acceptance testing
- Facilitating cross functional teams to solve problems
- Troubleshooting issues and working around problems to get to practical, workable solutions
- Document process and control changes, communicate impacts of a change to the impacted function
- Being accountable for the successful delivery of your projects
- Building new connections and relationships across CRM, QAT, RDM, BMR, Reg Risk, Finance and IT