- PhD degree in physics, atmospheric sciences, environmental engineering or a related discipline.
- A strong background in atmospheric modelling; experience in Lagrangian transport modelling is an advantage.
- Excellent programming skills (e.g., Fortran, Python); parallel programming skills (OpenMP, OpenACC) would be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Fluency in English is required; basic knowledge of German is desirable.
The postdoc will benefit from a highly stimulating research environment with strong international collaborations, a large team of experienced model developers and users, and excellent computing infrastructure. Working place will be Empa in Dübendorf.
Appointments can start as soon as possible, preferably before April 2021. All applications received before 15 February 2021 will receive full consideration.