Creating the future together
Mitgestalten, verändern, Herausforderungen annehmen – SWISS sucht Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter, die in der dynamischen Luftfahrtbranche ihre Individualität in multikulturellen Teams einbringen wollen. Die den partnerschaftlichen, offenen, kritisch-konstruktiven Dialog pflegen. Und mit Kraft und Energie die gemeinsamen Ziele erreichen. Willkommen bei SWISS.
Revenue Management Data Scientist and Operations Research Manager (80-100%)
The main task of Revenue Management (RM) is to achieve the optimal revenue and to maximize profitability for the company by managing the relationship between price, demand and capacity.
RM Business Solutions, is responsible for the continuous optimization of the RM principles and methods in coordination with the strategy and operational RM departments. As a team, RM Business Solutions, brings innovative RM methods into practice via prototypes and projects and ensures an efficient transfer of expert knowledge within the Lufthansa Group (LHG) RM community.
As RM Operations Research Manager, you will transfer theoretical Revenue Management results and strategic guidelines into operational / tactical measures based on the RM strategy. You will help LHG RM discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to provide customers with the optimal offer. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our forecasting systems. You will be working in close collaboration with operational units in Capacity Steering and Pricing as well as the technical experts in the RM Systems and Solutions department and the IT department. You report to the Head of RM Business Solutions based in Zurich.
Type of contract:
- University degree (Master, PHD as asset) in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business Engineering, Information Management with focus on Operations Research or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in Revenue Management
- Professional knowledge of mathematical programming, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, SQL, etc.
- Solid programming experience and good knowledge of MS Office
- English written and spoken (German is an asset)
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills combined with good interpersonal, presentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit, conceptually strong and capable of seeing the bigger picture with a distinct lead for change
- Confident, with a business drive and able to perform consistently also under pressure
- Hands-on team player
RM Business Solutions
It’s the little differences that make working at SWISS so appealing. The fact, for example, that we treat every detail with care, see quality in terms of hospitality and view nationality through an international lens. In a similar way, we see variety as richness, a job as an experience and SWISS as a world of inspiration. You, too, will be stimulated in our special working environment – one in which, wherever you are, you’ll always feel:
Truly SWISS .... where people matter.
Head of RM Business Solutions
Dr. Benedikt Zimmermann
Ms. Magdalena Aigner
Tel. +41 44 564 24 70