Postdoc position on printed biodegradable energy storage on paper
Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society
- PhD degree in material science, electrochemistry, chemical engineering or related fields
- Proven track record of publication in high-quality journals
- Demonstrated aptitude for scientific creativity and non-conventional thinking
- Experience in experimental research (e.g. material synthesis and processing, colloidal and interface science, electrochemistry) and talent for experimental design is required
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is a pre-condition
- You are a highly motivated, critical thinking, open-minded and communicative person, with a strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary research environment
We are an international team dedicated to advance the development of a new generation of active, renewable and highly functional biomaterials using cellulose and wood as material resources.
We offer a challenging position (one year with possible extension) in a research institution in the Zürich area with outstanding infrastructure and within a broadly interdisciplinary setting. The position is available from January 1, 2019.