Scala Software Engineer 80-100%
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
As a Scala Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University level education, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Discipline
- At least 3 years relevant experience as a Software Engineer in an advanced analytics / application development environment.
- At least 2 years relevant programming experience with Scala, Akka & Play framework.
- Experience with Data Management ( meta-data, quality, efficiency)
- Experience with Agile & DevOps practices
- Desirable: Experience with private / public cloud set-up & services.
- Advanced knowledge & high degree of competence with a range of programming languages / technologies combined with a desire and aptitude to broaden that experience:
- Highly Desirable: Spark, Python, R, C#, NoSQL DBs
- Desirable: Container systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Desirable: DevOps / CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Atlassian suite, Ansible)
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization, under time pressure and to manage ambiguity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd
+41 (0)44 625 25 25