2-year Post-Doc position for a Structural Engineer, PhD on “Fatigue Strengthening of Metallic Members using Iron-Based Shape Memory Alloys (Fe-SMAs)”
Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society
- A PhD from structural engineering or closely related fields (e.g., mechanical and aerospace engineering).
- A good background on bond behavior, CFRP and fatigue of structural metals (e.g. steel and aluminum).
- A good publication record in high-quality journals.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise bachelor, master and PhD student.
- Record of any secured research fundings.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English. Furthermore, German language skills are beneficial.
- A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate/friendly manner with other staff in the workplace.
Please address each of the above selection criteria in a cover letter and send it along your application. The length of the cover letter should not exceed 2 pages.
Empa, Patricia Nitzsche, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf,