Group leader in the Area of X-ray Imaging and Computed Tomography
Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society
- scientific excellence and being an independent researcher
- experience in leading a scientific group
- PhD degree in physics, materials science, applied mathematics or in computational science
- deep knowledge of X-ray analytics, preferentially in computed tomography
- knowledge in C/C++ programming and in GPU (CUDA) and HPC programming
- creative, curious, thinking “out of the box” and interdisciplinary
- successful in project acquisition (SNF, InnoSwiss or similar)
- experienced in project management and writing scientific publications
- fluent in English and German and enjoying a multicultural Environment
We offer a challenging executive position at a research institution with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The position is available upon agreement and initially will be limited to two years with a performance based possibility for contract extension.
For further information about the position please contact Prof. tit. Dr. Antonia Neels, head of the Center for X-ray Analytics email@example.com
and visit our websites www.empa.ch/web/s499
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Patricia Nitzsche, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.