competence center acts as the guardian and provider of the Omya group process
knowledge. The goal is to develop, maintain, gather and distribute standards,
guidelines, specifications, best practices and tools throughout the Omya
operations and group operations.
are automatically part of and contribute to the mission and scope of their
respective competence center.
engineers have three main project classes to work on: investment projects,
plant support projects and process development projects.
- Work in accordance with safety and environmental regulations
- Process engineering work as required on investment projects
- includes: flowsheets, process description, PID, equipment sizing, etc.
- Process commissioning for projects
- Lead process audits of operations sites
- Lead or support process development projects on group level.
- Lead process / product up-scaling from pilot to industrial scale
- Support plants for production trials of new processes/equipment
- Keep updated on and promote innovation and new developments in the process field
- Lead competence work groups as required
- Provide process training to operations personnel
- Other duties as assigned