Postdoc position on printed fungal biobatteries
Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Applied microbiology or related disciplines.
- Proven track record of publication in high-impact factor journals and good communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for scientific creativity and non-conventional thinking.
- Experienced in microbial metabolism and electrochemical reaction mechanism is required. Experience in materials science is an advantage.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
- Self-motivated, critical-thinking, open-minded and communicative, with a strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
We offer a challenging position at Empa, the Swiss research institute for materials science and technology in Dübendorf, close to Zürich, to conduct cutting-edge research for the benefits of industry and the wellbeing of society. The selected candidate will be offered a 1-year full-time position starting on April 1, 2020, with possible extensions for up to 3 years total. Applications can be submitted until January 31, 2020.